Monday, November 9, 2009

Beijing Night Market




We've really enjoyed all of the readily available meat-on-a-stick in Thailand, but China is much more open minded to what "meat-on-a-stick" is ...









For the most part Haylie was able to keep Stu away from trying too much of the local cuisine ( at the threat of no kisses for a week for every food he ate that was deemed "disgusting" ).
There was a momentary slip up where, despite strong opposition, he somehow found lamb testicles to eat.








We found an actual delicacy! Venison :) Very spendy, but a good reminder of growing up in Montana :)









Strangely, this was one of the few places we found with an excellent translation to English.

2 comments:

  1. I feel responsible for the slip-up. Sorry, Haylie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, just last week I ate a few chocolate covered crickets and my coworkers thought I was insane. Now I see these pictures and I'm thinking mmmm... I bet that tastes good.

    I need to go to China...

    ReplyDelete